Hospice of San Joaquin’s Hospice House is the first and only residential living center for hospice patients in San Joaquin County.
What is a residential living center and who qualifies to be a resident?
Hospice of San Joaquin’s Hospice House is a residential care facility for patients looking for an alternative to home-based hospice care. This service is offered to those who fit a combination of the following conditions:
- patient lives alone without a primary caregiver or lives with an elderly or frail caregiver.
- patient has health problems requiring around-the-clock professional aid.
- patient needs extra support in advancing illness during the final weeks of life.
- patient has symptoms or pain which become too complex to be managed in the home.
Why reside in our Hospice House?
Our residential living center offers 24-hour nursing care, meals, laundry, activities, and all the amenities of a cozy home. Features include:
- Six private patient suites, each with an additional bed to accommodate visitors and family members.
- Individual bathrooms with caregiver accessibility.
- Reading and private conversation areas.
- Family dining room.
- Individual patios accessible from patient suites.
Cost of Living in the Hospice House
While hospice care is not billed to the family, a sliding scale fee is assessed for room and board. However, no one will be turned away based on financial reasons.