Hospice of San Joaquin’s Residential Living Center is the first and only residential care facility for hospice patients in San Joaquin County. Hospice of San Joaquin has provided services for terminally ill patients and their families throughout the county since 1982.
What is the Residential Living Center and who qualifies to be a resident?
Hospice of San Joaquin’s Residential Living Center is a residential care facility for patients looking for an alternative to home-based hospice care. This service is offered to those who fit a combination of the following conditions:
- patient lives alone without a primary caregiver or lives with an elderly or frail caregiver
- patient has health problems that requires around-the-clock professional aid
- patient needs extra support in advancing illness during the final weeks of life
- patient has symptoms or pain that becomes too complex to be managed in the home
Why reside in our Residential Living Center?
Our Residential Living Center offers 24-hour nursing care, meals, laundry, activities, and all the amenities of a cozy home. Some of the features include the following:
- Six private patient suites, each with an additional bed to accommodate visitors and family members
- Individual bathrooms with caregiver accessibility
- Reading and private conversation areas
- Family dining room
- Individual patios accessible from patient suites
Cost of Living in the Residential Living Center
While hospice care is not billed to the family, a sliding scale fee is assessed for room and board. However, no one will be turned away based on financial reasons.