Hospice of San Joaquin Patients & Families,
We would like to keep you updated as we all move forward with the changes that come along with COVID-19.
Hospice of San Joaquin is taking extreme measures in being proactive to make certain that our patients continue to receive quality care, while at the same time complying with the guidelines as set forth by Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Please note the following:
- Supplies may increase or decrease based on demand and availability by suppliers. There may be times we will not be able to supply you with the supplies we have in the past. You may want to get supplies you may need on your own.Please note the following supplies are very limited: gloves, diapers, wipes and hygiene products.
- Visit frequencies may change based on availability/ exposure of the staff to make home visits.
- Visits via video conference and/or telehealth may be made in lieu of face to face visits.
- Timing of visit may be changed.
- Assignment of RN case manager may be changed.
- Staff should be wearing a mask, eye protection, and gloves during visits. This is not only for the patient’s protection, but also for the protection of our staff as they visit multiple homes throughout the day.
- If a patient or family becomes COVID screen positive, you will see a decrease in face to face visits, an increase in telehealth visits, and staff will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE) for in home visits.
- If possible, please have a trash can based on the outside of the door so staff can dispose their used gloves and disposable PPE.
Please reach out to the Chief Clinical Officer, Sandra Smith, or a staff member at Hospice of San Joaquin with any questions or concerns. 209-957-3888.