Volunteers | Hospice Care Training
Volunteering at hospice of San Joaquin offers a rewarding experience for those individuals seeking ways to give of themselves, and reach out to the community. Hospice of San Joaquin is the premier hospice care agency which proudly provides the next level of care when cure is no longer an option.
To ensure quality services, all volunteers are encouraged to take advantage of the hospice care training and this training is mandatory for some volunteer opportunities.
The training consists of a series of programs. The overall program consists of seven presentations by professional staff. Collectively, the duration of the program gives participants a 24-hours training. It may be offered at Hospice of San Joaquin’s Administration Building or at a partner agency’s campus in San Joaquin County. Volunteers are not allowed to actually care for patients.
The presentation series includes the following topics
Hospice history, philosophy and orientation to Hospice of San Joaquin;
- Communicating and understanding hospice families and patient caregivers;
- Understanding social issues, advance directives and cultural diversity;
- A breakdown of disease processes and comfort care measures;
- Description of spiritual support, care giving and mortuary involvement;
- Understanding of hospice bereavement programs;
- Volunteer Panel with question and answer session; as well as outreach and development awareness
AGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Phone (209) 957-3888
Admin Fax (209) 922-0294
Hospice of San Joaquin
3888 Pacific Ave
Stockton CA 95204