How can Transitions Help?
Transitions expert staff can help program “participants” and their families by providing palliative education about the disease process. Palliative education includes all phases of the illness or the decline; and includes “symptoms relieving” solutions which help facilitate comfort, control and choices that result in a realistic health plan and care options. This program ensures emotional support to decrease stress, minimize fears, or feelings of aloneness. It incorporates community resource information to assist with financial, legal, or practical home care concerns as needed.
Who Qualifies for Transitions?
- Residents of San Joaquin County or neighboring communities;
- Individuals diagnosed with advancing chronic or life-limiting illness;
- Individuals who are pursuing curative or palliative treatment or therapy:
- Individuals who are not yet ready to make a decision for hospice care:
- Individuals who are at least 18 years of age:
What is the cost of Transitions?
Transitions is a program sponsored by Hospice of San Joaquin, funded through gifts and donations and is free of charge to participants.